Mechanical Engineering Services
INSPIRED BY PATIENTS. POWERED BY SCIENCE.
Bring the Expertise of Our Mechanical Engineering Services to Your Project
Whether you are planning on moving to a new location, expanding your current lab or considering replacing your current air system, LifeAire Systems offers:
A comprehensive site analysis inclusive of a system-sizing calculation spreadsheet. Our process will guide you in designing, selecting and installing a new air purification system to the most critical area of your process – the IVF laboratory. We will assist you in selecting the right air system specific to your program’s situation. There is a solution for every project and every budget.
Mechanical engineering consultation provided at no charge when you select a LifeAire Systems solution. A LifeAire mechanical engineer will work with your local engineer in designing the appropriate upstream specifications that are crucial to your process.
New Installations | Existing Expansions
Replacements & Retrofits
Our Mechanical Engineering Team Offers a Full Range of Engineering Services
- Survey the existing structure and/or proposed project to determine parameters for the installation of a LifeAire System. Evaluate and plan for the tie-in locations for natural gas, electricity, roof drainage and existing/planned structural steel.
- Develop the calculations for air conditioning equipment that will meet the supply air requirements for the space and the LifeAire System.
- Provide the design of the air conditioning unit, associated duct work, and controls serving the air conditioning system and the LifeAire System. Construction documents will be in AutoCAD format and specifications will be material-type specifications on the construction drawings.
- Execute the electrical design for power saving the air conditioning unit and the LifeAire System, and any other associated loads. LifeAire will provide design of any fire alarm system modifications that the air conditioning unit may require.
- Attend review meetings with the client at each necessary phase of the project. Review contractors’ shop drawing submittals for the material and equipment to be provided for the project. Respond to the RFIs during bidding and construction.
- Perform cost and value management through all phases – provide an “order of magnitude” cost estimate for the proposed work. Cost estimates will have an accuracy of +/- 25% due to the nature of renovations and the potential for unforeseen conditions. Cost estimates will not be exceeded without prior written consent.